30/10/2015-New camera arrived today, not as excited as I should be…decided to test it out and experiment with 60 FPS - the reason I got the camera in the first place. It’s like the upgrade to Vegas Video, nothing is familiar…meaning another steep learning curve. Decided to try and film the fountain in the park near my house, this is after going to the waterfront…but it was too windy. This is going to be phase two of my research…the refinement of 'film painting'. After working out what it is I am trying to achieve - now I’ve got to refine this idea to create an aesthetics framework. For example, 60 FPS seems to be good at capturing movement and water, 24 FPS seems to be good for clouds, however, more experiments are needed to prove these ideas. Another experiment I have been engaged in is using the wrong shutter speed when filming. The 'rule' is double the frame rate, so a frame rate of 60 means 125 shutter speed…I know, nothing is an exact science. I did one film sample at a shutter speed of 60 - I think- and this created a jerky movement…in Pink 1 and because it was almost dark…it created light spots that looked like planets. But as always more experiments are needed. In editing, there are a raft of new settings in Vegas and these are creating ideas for aesthetics too…sometimes it’s the mistakes that create opportunities. The editing was seamless, and I managed to complete the video editing although some refinement is still needed.